SgCafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SgCafe

SgCafe, Singapore's Online Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Man gets blood infection after dyeing hair

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Max
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Max

Male Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Man gets blood infection after dyeing hair Empty
PostSubject: Man gets blood infection after dyeing hair   Man gets blood infection after dyeing hair Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:01 pm

Man gets blood infection after dyeing hair 20090130.194618_man_dye_job

It was a dye job gone wrong.

A man's failed attempt at dying his hair black gave him a nasty blood infection that not only made his skin peel off, it also caused him to lose his job.

Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that Mr Peng first attempted to dye his hair black 15 years ago. Even though he was only 30 years old at that time, Mr Peng already sported a head of white hair.

He bought a bottle of black hair dye from a store and attempted to do the job himself. The adverse effects happened almost immediately.

When Mr Peng noticed that his skin became itchy and started to peel, he did not think too much of his condition, attributing it to a mild case of being allergic to the chemicals.

However, his condition did not improve, and he had to seek help from the National Skin Centre, which diagnosed his case as a blood infection.

The Chinese evening daily said that Mr Peng admitted that he did not follow the instructions on the dying kit. Mr Peng was supposed to have washed his hair no more than an hour after applying the dye, but he had failed to keep to the time limit.

"I went straight to bed after washing my hair that night. When I woke up the next morning, my scalp felt very itchy, and the skin on my scalp started peeling off and falling away in large pieces. Afterwards, my whole body felt very itchy." Mr Peng told Wanbao.

The botched dye job also caused him to lose his job. Mr Peng was asked to leave his job as a factory quality checker.

A year later, Mr Peng managed to find a job as a security guard. But his condition prevented him from carrying out his duties and he was again asked to leave. He is currently unemployed.

Source: http://health.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20090130-118304.html
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1