SgCafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SgCafe

SgCafe, Singapore's Online Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Teen attempts suicide to donate liver to father

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Max
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Max

Male Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Teen attempts suicide to donate liver to father Empty
PostSubject: Teen attempts suicide to donate liver to father   Teen attempts suicide to donate liver to father Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Teen attempts suicide to donate liver to father 20090205.103852_sleepingpills
[Top: The girl wrote a note in Chinese with the words above. The note reads: "Mom, I am sorry that I cannot be with you anymore. Please transfer my liver to Dad's body. Save Dad."]

A 13-year-old girl remained in critical condition Wednesday, 11 days after she swallowed 200 sleeping pills in a misguided attempt to kill herself in order to donate her liver to her father who is battling terminal liver cancer, reported a newspaper in Nanjing, the provincial capital of Jiangsu province.

Her mother found the girl lying motionless in bed at her home in Wuxi of Jiangsu at noon of January 24, two days before Chinese Lunar New Year. Beside her were a suicide note and two empty bottles that had contained 200 pills.

"Mom, I am sorry that I could not be with you anymore. Please give my liver to father after I die," Lin Lin (the pseudo name for the middle school student), wrote in the suicide note, according to the Modern Express.

The father was diagnosed with liver cancer last December and doctors said he would only live for a few more months. Lin Lin was unaware of this until she saw the certificate of the diagnosis in her mother's handbag in January.

Lin Lin was rushed to Wuxi People's Hospital where she received emergency treatment. Four days later she became conscious, but fell in and out of consciousness from time to time. She remains in critical condition now and requires intensive care, the newspaper said Wednesday.

Although he is in the same hospital, the father does not know what happened.

Source: http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20090205-119570.html
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1