SgCafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SgCafe

SgCafe, Singapore's Online Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mother who had her first baby at SEVENTY shows off her daughter and says: 'Now I want a son'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Mother who had her first baby at SEVENTY shows off her daughter and says: 'Now I want a son' Empty
PostSubject: Mother who had her first baby at SEVENTY shows off her daughter and says: 'Now I want a son'   Mother who had her first baby at SEVENTY shows off her daughter and says: 'Now I want a son' Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 8:11 pm

Mother who had her first baby at SEVENTY shows off her daughter and says: 'Now I want a son'

By DAVID LEWIS
Last updated at 9:44 AM on 31st December 2008

She's beaming with pride at her new baby daughter and 70-year-old first time mother Rajo Devi says she still hopes to add to her brood.

The farmer's wife from Haryana, India gave birth to a baby girl Naveen Lohan by caesarean section on 28th November and now says she wants a son.

'It's amazing to finally be a mum,' she said. 'Ive waited for so long to have a baby of my own. Now I would love to have a boy as well.'

Mother who had her first baby at SEVENTY shows off her daughter and says: 'Now I want a son' Article-0-02EA23BA000005DC-502_468x504
Doting mum at 70: New mother Rajo Devi cradles baby Naveen

Rajo and her husband Bala Ram, 72, say they have been trying to conceive since they married in 1943. 'We prayed to all the fertility gods. I thank the doctor for making it possible,' she said.

First time father Bala is also keen for more children. 'We finally have someone to take over the farm when we die. Maybe in the future the doctor can give us a son.'

The couple used a donor egg fertilized with Bala's sperm implanted in his wife and Rajo became pregnant at the second attempt at IVF.

Mother who had her first baby at SEVENTY shows off her daughter and says: 'Now I want a son' Article-0-02EB7B22000005DC-562_468x379
Rajo and her husband Bala Ram are now intent on having a son

Bala mortgaged next year's crop of rice and bamboo as well as taking out some high-interest loans to pay for the £2,000 treatment.

IVF doctor Anurag Bishnoi said: 'There was no risk to her health. We do not treat patients who do not seem to be fit and able to carry a baby to term.

'Rajo has no intention of dying and is going to try again for a boy in two years. I've agreed to have a look at her case then.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1103411/Mother-baby-SEVENTY-shows-daughter-says-Now-I-want-son.html
Back to top Go down
https://sgcafe.forumotion.net

Page 1 of 1