SgCafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SgCafe

SgCafe, Singapore's Online Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chris Brown apologises over Rihanna attack

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Max
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Max

Male Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Chris Brown apologises over Rihanna attack Empty
PostSubject: Chris Brown apologises over Rihanna attack   Chris Brown apologises over Rihanna attack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:58 pm

Posted: 16 February 2009 1140 hrs

LOS ANGELES : R&B star Chris Brown who was arrested last weekend for allegedly attacking girlfriend Rihanna, has finally broken his silence about the incident.

Chris Brown apologises over Rihanna attack Phplyl74h
Rihanna and Chris Brown performing at the Z100 Jingle Ball 2008 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

The 19-year-old singer-songwriter issued a statement saying he was "sorry and saddened" by what happened, and was seeking counselling. He added that many of the reports about the incident are incorrect but did not elaborate further.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired," he said. "I am seeking the counselling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."

Although the police and prosecutors did not officially disclose that Rihanna was the victim of the attack, celebrity websites and magazines have reported that the incident happened shortly after Brown left a Beverly Hills party with Rihanna as his passenger. The 20-year-old singer suffered bruises on her face as well as bite marks on her body.

Brown turned himself in on February 8 but no charges have been filed yet. He is free on US$50,000 bail while the case is being investigated.

Rihanna has returned to her native Barbados where is recuperating and her father Ronald Fenty has confirmed that the relationship between the celebrity couple is over, "The relationship is over and I am pleased. She doesn’t want to speak to Chris. She is being very brave about things and said that she will be back on the stage performing soon."

Last week, the singer cancelled her scheduled concerts in Malaysia and Indonesia - the second time for the Jakarta show. Organisers had turned down the offer to reshedule the concert as fans were "traumatised" by the second postponement.

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/entertainment/view/409313/1/.html
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1