SgCafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SgCafe

SgCafe, Singapore's Online Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Max
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Max

Male Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves Empty
PostSubject: Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves   Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 pm

Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves

By Daily Mail Reporter
Created 12:27 PM on 26th February 2009

These stunning images taken from the inside breaking waves have been captured on camera and give a unique insight into the power of the sea.

Taken by the world's leading surf photographer, the images capture rarely seen views from inside the waves as they break.

Daredevil photographer Clark Little has dedicated his life to film the world's ultimate waves and has published his favourite shots of all time.

Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves Article-1156222-03ACC877000005DC-212_634x444
Photographer Clark Little has dedicated his life to capturing stunning images taken from inside breaking waves

Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves Article-1156222-03ACCDFD000005DC-233_634x499
The photographer gets right inside the waves to capture his images

Clark, 39, swims in terrifying seas and crouches on shorelines with his waterproof camera to capture the rarely seen views.

He has now unveiled this breathtaking set of colourful images which he says are 'the best he has ever taken' and epitomise the world's deadliest surf.

Many of his unique photographs are shot at Waimea Bay in Hawaii - the home of surfing and immortalised in the lyrics of the Beach Boys' song 'Surfin USA'.

Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves Article-1156222-03ACCF42000005DC-148_634x410
Little uses water-housing equipment to capture rarely seen views from inside a 'tube' or breaking wave

They show perfect arcs of water and crystal 'caverns' which are turned into a kaleidoscope of colour by sand and rays of sunlight.

Father-of-two, Clark, from Oahu, Hawaii, says he often risks his life to capture the 'perfect wave'.

He said: 'I love the ocean - I am addicted to the waves. Especially places like Waimea Bay.

Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves Article-1156222-03ACCD0E000005DC-148_634x422
The surfer has dedicated most of his life to perfecting his craft

'I started surfing there in the 1990s and now I like to photograph it as much as possible.'

The water enthusiast said he's always in the ocean before dawn to try and snap that perfect picture as the sun rises.

Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves Article-1156222-03ACD714000005DC-557_634x425
Clark Little surfing the Waimea Bay shorebreak

'I try to capture the beauty and power of these monstrous waves from the inside out. I enjoy the power and beauty of the huge waves that roll through,' he said.

'Thanks to experience I can capture some of those heavy moments without getting slammed about myself. Well, most of the time.'

Pictured: The daredevil surfer taking amazing photos from INSIDE huge breaking waves Article-1156222-03ACD6EE000005DC-352_634x383
Little with some of the equipment he takes on his shoots

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1156222/Pictured-The-daredevil-surfer-taking-amazing-photos-INSIDE-huge-breaking-waves.html
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SgCafe :: Leisure and Entertainment :: Picture Zone-
Jump to: