SgCafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SgCafe

SgCafe, Singapore's Online Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oops! Fiancée swallows engagement ring after boyfriend hid it in milkshake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Max
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Max

Male Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Oops! Fiancée swallows engagement ring after boyfriend hid it in milkshake Empty
PostSubject: Oops! Fiancée swallows engagement ring after boyfriend hid it in milkshake   Oops! Fiancée swallows engagement ring after boyfriend hid it in milkshake Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:41 pm

By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 11:21 AM on 04th March 2009

As proposals go it was certainly memorable - but for all the wrong reasons.

Romantic Reed Harris placed his girlfriend's engagement ring in a milkshake
and planned to film her delight when she found it.

Unfortunately, Kaitlin Whipple, 20, managed to swallow the diamond band whole as she raced friends to finish their dessert at a Wendy's diner.

Oops! Fiancée swallows engagement ring after boyfriend hid it in milkshake Article-1159151-03B916D4000005DC-329_468x350
Found it: Kaitlin Whipple only believed she had swallowed the ring after she went to hospital for an x-ray

The couple, from Farmington, New Mexico, eventually ended up at hospital where an x-ray confirmed what had happened.

Mr Harris then got down on one knee, presented his girlfriend with a copy of the scan and proposed.

Luckily for him, she accepted.

'I felt nothing at all,' Miss Whipple said. 'I was racing my friends, so there was no way I was going to lose that competition.'

She said she thought Mr Harris was joking when he told her she had swallowed the ring he had placed in the milkshake.

Oops! Fiancée swallows engagement ring after boyfriend hid it in milkshake Article-1159151-03B916DC000005DC-715_468x374
Reed Harris (right) eventually proposed to Miss Whipple with the help of an x-ray showing the diamond band inside her body

'I couldn't believe it,' she said. 'I kept waiting for him to get down and propose.'

Two days later, the ring finally reappeared.

'It arrived this morning and I have never been so excited about my bodily functions,' Miss Whipple, who is a student, wrote on her blog.

'Haha. It's so beautiful and I love it. It was definitely well worth the wait.'

Despite the drama, Mr Harris defended his decision to put the ring in the milkshake.

'It's not that small a ring,' he said.

The couple are now planning to marry in June.

Oops! Fiancée swallows engagement ring after boyfriend hid it in milkshake Article-1159151-03B9170C000005DC-51_468x247
Miss Whipple's ring now sits securely on her left hand

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1159151/Oops-Fianc-e-swallows-engagement-ring-boyfriend-hid-milkshake.html
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SgCafe :: Current Affairs :: World News-
Jump to: