SgCafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SgCafe

SgCafe, Singapore's Online Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guide dog eats charity money

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Guide dog eats charity money Empty
PostSubject: Guide dog eats charity money   Guide dog eats charity money Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:33 pm

A guide dog infuriated its owners by eating £255 of charity money they had collected.

By Murray Wardrop
Last Updated: 10:45PM GMT 26 Dec 2008

Guide dog eats charity money Guidedog_1212324c
A guide dog like this one ate cash collected for local charities at two fund-raising events. Photo: PA
Gordon and Claire Webb left the cash on a coffee table overnight but were worried when they awoke to find it missing.

But after spotting a few chewed notes lying around their house, it soon emerged that their dog Lewis was the culprit.

They had to wait for nature to take its course before they were able to retrieve some of the shredded notes.

And the Bank of England has promised the couple that it will try to replace some of the money if they can collect enough remnants and take them to a bank.

The cash had been collected for local charities by the Frinton Rotary Club in Essex after two fund-raising events.

Mr Webb, a Rotarian, said: "I went down in the morning and thought he had just shredded some paper. Then I realised what it was: lots of chewed notes.

"I think I lost my voice for two days shouting at him, but we can't be cross with him for long as he's just too cute. He gets round us very quickly."

Mr Webb has promised to refund any losses to the charity caused by Lewis.

The couple added that they have now pledged to hide any money where the five-year-old labrador/retriever cross cannot reach it.

They have managed to save some of the torn notes and plan to take them to a bank after Christmas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3949775/Guide-dog-eats-charity-money.html
Back to top Go down
https://sgcafe.forumotion.net

Page 1 of 1