SgCafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SgCafe

SgCafe, Singapore's Online Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scandalous Family Of UK's Youngest Dad - We want money for baby's story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Max
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Max

Male Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Scandalous Family Of UK's Youngest Dad - We want money for baby's story Empty
PostSubject: Scandalous Family Of UK's Youngest Dad - We want money for baby's story   Scandalous Family Of UK's Youngest Dad - We want money for baby's story Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:37 am

# His dad fields offers in media bidding war worth over #1m
# His mum also makes negotiations to sell story
# His girlfriend's 'lovers' claim a piece of the action

February 17, 2009

BEING a father at 13 years old is traumatic enough, but barely a week after Alfie Patten's 15-year-old girlfriend gave birth to their daughter, his own parents are already starting up some drama of their own.

The British press has reported that Mr Dennis Patten, 45, is in the middle of a battle with Alfie's mother over who gets to make money from their son's extraordinary story.

Mrs Nicola Patten, who is separated from her husband, has angrily accused him of selling their son's story to the media without her knowledge.

But hours after she made that accusation, she is said to be making negotiations of her own to the sell the story.

This is only one of the shocking revelations emerging from news of baby-faced Alfie having a child with girlfriend Chantelle Steadman. The couple are from Eastbourne, East Sussex, in the UK.

The media has not only also revealed that Alfie has a half-sister who have birth when she was only 13, his mother left his father because he was having an affair with a teenager, and there are at least two other young boys who are claiming to be Maisie's father.

Crying
The Sunday Mail reported yesterday that Mr Patten, who bizarrely appeared in public wearing a rubber devil's mask, said that he plans to make as much money as possible from the publicity surrounding his son's fatherhood.

He is said to have told a reporter: 'I wish this baby had never been born but it has. Alfie is too young but I have to make the most of it. I'm going to make as much money as I can.'

'I'm taking Alfie to London with me. I want to sell his story because I've heard people can get us loads of money for Alfie's story.'

Media reports say that at least 15 television companies are involved in a bidding war for the rights to make a documentary about the cherubic teenager's young fatherhood, with experts estimating that Alfie could earn up to half a million pounds ($1.1m).

As Mr Patten spoke to reporters, Alfie was reportedly curled up in the back of Mr Patten's car crying audibly.

'It is an attractive story, Alfie is a father and he only looks 8 years old! He is really upset but I have told him I will make him a packet,' added Mr Patten, who works for a vehicle recovery agency and is a father of nine children, including three stepchildren.

He is said to have broken up with his wife two years ago after she caught him cheating on her with a 19-year-old friend of his stepdaughter, Jade, who is Mrs Patten's daughter from a previous relationship.

The two teenagers went to the same football club in Eastbourne, reported The Sun.

It was also revealed that Jade, who is now 21, had her own child when she was just 13, and that her friend 'Maz', is still living with Mr Patten.

Alfie's 19-year-old half-sister Nicole told The Sun that she blames their father for Alfie getting Chantelle pregnant.

'If it wasn't for him, Alfie wouldn't be in this situation,' said Nicole.

'When my dad left, it tore the family to pieces. Alfie's mum took her eye off the ball - and Alfie looked for comfort somewhere else to take his mind off things.'

She also suggested that Mr Patten has suddenly become the supportive father to Alfie all because of money.

'When we heard about Alfie becoming a dad, Dennis didn't quite seem to be really interested,' she claimed, adding that Mr Patten didn't even give Alfie a call when Maisie was born.

'He never spoke to Alfie properly, never said a word about how big a thing it was to become a dad. He just ignored it.'

Her negative impression of Mr Patten stems from her own experience with him.

'Dennis has never been a dad to me. He's shown me no affection, hardly even a hug since as far back as I can remember,' she said.

Mr Patten has two other children with Alfie's mother - Joe, 16, and Isabella, 11.

Mrs Patten, who was married to her husband for 14years before they split, was apparently shocked when she found out that her ex had made deals to sell Alfie's story without telling her.

She said: 'Dennis has taken advantage of Alfie and Maisie. He called a newspaper yesterday and allowed photographers into the hospital.

'Dennis has told me he has got thousands for Alfie's story but I don't know if it is true. He said he told Alfie, 'Son, I will make you money' when he got him to pose with Chantelle. He is only a child himself.'

Source: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,193080,00.html?
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1