SgCafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SgCafe

SgCafe, Singapore's Online Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Someone stole my time trial bike!' Lance Armstrong offers reward after thieves robbed his bike as he slept

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Max
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Max

Male Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2009-01-03

'Someone stole my time trial bike!' Lance Armstrong offers reward after thieves robbed his bike as he slept Empty
PostSubject: 'Someone stole my time trial bike!' Lance Armstrong offers reward after thieves robbed his bike as he slept   'Someone stole my time trial bike!' Lance Armstrong offers reward after thieves robbed his bike as he slept Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:46 am

'Someone stole my time trial bike!' Lance Armstrong offers reward after thieves robbed his bike as he slept

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:52 PM on 16th February 2009

Lance Armstrong came out of retirement to cycle his way back to the top of his sport - but he is going to need a new bike to do it after having his stolen by thieves.

The seven-time Tour de France winner has offered a reward for the return of his custom-made time-trial bike after it was stolen from his team truck in the middle of the night before he was due to start a race in California.

The cycling legend posted an appeal along with a picture of the bike on internet blogging site Twitter.

'Someone stole my time trial bike!' Lance Armstrong offers reward after thieves robbed his bike as he slept Article-1147074-038AA139000005DC-641_468x324
Plea: Lance Armstrong is offering a reward on his twitter page for the return of his time-trial bike after it was stolen from his team truck

He wrote on his page: 'There is only one like it in the world therefore hard to pawn it off. Reward being offered.'

Armstrong's bike was stolen from the Team Astana truck during the night before Stage 1 of the Tour of California.

He had rode it to a 10th-place finish on Saturday in Sacramento during the Tour prologue, in what was his first competitive appearance in his native country since beginning his cycling comeback last month.

'Someone stole my time trial bike!' Lance Armstrong offers reward after thieves robbed his bike as he slept Article-1147074-038A3DE7000005DC-629_468x522
Comeback: Armstrong in action on the prologue of the Tour of California cycling race on Saturday

Armstrong also wrote in his Twitter diary on Sunday morning: 'Whoa!! They just came to my room and said our truck was broken into and someone stole my time trial bike! Wtf?!?'

The thieves also stole race bikes belonging to his Astana teammates Steve Morabito, Yaroslav Popovych and Janez Brajkovic.

Armstrong, a survivor of testicular cancer, has returned to cycling to help raise awareness of the disease.

The American was diagnosed with cancer in 1996, having already won two Tour de France stages in his young career.

He beat the illness and went on to win seven straight Tours from 1999 through 2005.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1147074/Someone-stole-time-trial-bike-Lance-Armstrong-offers-reward-thieves-robbed-bike-slept.html
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1